Kickoff Clinic – Denver – With Olympian Brad Vering
Kickoff Clinic – Colorado Springs – With CSU Pueblo’s Dax Charles
Date: Saturday, Oct 23, 2010
The Pikes Peak Wrestling League will be hosting a Kickoff Clinic for any child interested in trying the sport, by age groups. The cost will be $12 each child. This will be open to anyone.
- Location(for Denver): MMA Premier- 15095 East Hinsdale Drive, Centennial, CO. 80112
- Location(for Colorado Springs): Colorado Springs at Palmer HS Gym ”Corner of Platte and Wahsatch”
- Time: Saturday October 23rd 8:30am – 1:30pm
There will be three sessions (100 kids maximum at each session)
Walkups are welcome as long as there is room left (this clinic will disappear off of the site once it’s full)
- 8:30am-9:30 am – ages 4-7
- 10:00am-11:30am – ages 8-10
- 12:00-1:30pm – ages 11-14 year olds and experienced wrestlers
Brad Vering’s Bio (the short list):
- 2007 World silver medalist , 2004 U.S. Olympic Team member, Four-time U.S. World Team member (2002-03, 2005, 2007), Fifth in 2002-03 World Championships, Four-time U.S. Nationals champion (2003-05, 2007), 2000 NCAA champion at the Univ. of Nebraska
Dax Charles is entering his third season as CSU-Pueblo’s head wrestling coach.
Charles wrestled at USC from 1991-94. He was the school’s first NCAA Division II national champion when he won the crown at 150 pounds in 1992. Charles also was a three-time All-American at USC in 1991, ’92 and ’94 and an academic All-American in 1994.
Walk ups will be welcome at the clinic as long as there is still room for the clinic sessions, but it’s highly recommended that you go to www.pikespeakwrestling.com and sign up for the kickoff clinic in your area (Denver or Colorado Springs) to ensure your child has a spot at the clinic.
If your child is a member of a wrestling club within the Pikes Peak Wrestling League (PPWL), prior to attending any tournaments (excluding the above kickoff clinic) we will need you to sign a parent code of conduct form, and if you do not have a USA membership, you’ll need to purchase that as well, and both are available on the PPWL website and listed on the home page and under events. If you have questions on that you can follow up with your club’s coach initially or via the contact form on the www.pikespeakwrestling.com website.